This was a LOT easier than I thought it would be! Maybe because I didn't use pins and didn't follow any kind of pattern...don't look too closely at it :) I posted about this weeks ago here...I finished it two days later and just haven't been able to find the pictures I took! I store my pictures in 4 different places...I probably need a better system.
I didn't have an elastic, so I used some out of the waist on some of Allie's old stained pants.
I sewed a slit for the elastic at the shorter end of the fabric.
Once I got the elastic separated from her old pants, I attached a safety pin to help guide it through the slit.
I sewed the elastic at one end before I got it through all the way. Then I sewed up the long side of the fabric (front sides together.)
I finished the other short end of the fabric (no slit needed) and attached a piece of vintage lace at the same end to hang the bag holder from.
Notice how the bag is lopsided...I had to cram it full...I probably should have made a bigger bag.
Yes, I used the wrong color thread...because I didn't want to have to go out and buy any...I am SO cheap!
I use this in Allie's room, since the bags are for her diapers...We finally got her bed frame this weekend so pictures of her room will be coming soon!
I hope this helps at least one person! I am posting this tutorial here.