May 23, 2011

Love Where You Are

When I saw this picture it got me thinking about being a kid, looking forward to the day I finally found my prince charming, got married, and lived happily ever after.  And how there are some days as an adult I wish I could be as careless as I was when I was a kid. 


But I really want to just enjoy the day I am in right now.  No regrets and no waiting around for the place I really want to be in.  My new year's resolution was to just love where I am right now and enjoy the years I will soon be looking back on.  How do you do this in your own life?
Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This

4 comments:

Lynette @ My Craft Discovery said...

There's a song by Cherie Call that I listen to to reminds me to be content. It's called, "Leave it like it is."
I love that picture. So fun, and a good reminder to love where you are!

mel said...

This is ironic because I just put up a quote on our bathroom mirror from Marjorie Pay Hinckley that says, "The trick is to enjoy life. Don't wish away your days, waiting for better ones ahead." I am so bad at this so I am trying to find something each day that made or makes me smile and to not worry too much about having a list of things that I need to get done. Be willing to let things go and just enjoy the moment.

Annette said...

Wow Jess, thanks...I really needed that thought today. And congrats on your big news! I'm so excited for you!!! :)

Mrs. Cheerio said...

Enjoying the season of life I am in hasn't always been easy... same with finding contentment sometimes! When I find myself hopeful for a new stage of life or wishing things were X, Y, or Z, I try to take in my countless blessings and then I feel more relaxed, like: this is exactly where I should be right now and there is a definite purpose for it!

Blessings to you!