Jun 6, 2011

How to Make Hanging Party Decorations

I decided to make some hanging decorations for Allie's birthday party last minute.  I had seen some of these and decided to copy them:


I doubled up on the tissue paper, since they were supposed to hang on trees and I didn't want the wind destroying them.


I folded them accordion-style, then glued the ends together so it was one big accordion-folded piece.


I pinched one end and stapled it together as close to the edge as possible.


Then I brought each side together to form a circle and glued those ends together.



I taped a piece of string to one end and that was it!


These ended up inside, and a little tattered after a storm came in right before the party started.

Stay tuned for the rest of Allie's party decorations...

I am posting this HERE.

Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This

12 comments:

jillian :: cornflake dreams. said...

great tutorial! i love these and they would be perfect for a party :) xo jillian:: enter to win a $100 shopping spree!

Unknown said...

love these and your tutorial!!

Kelly @ Here Comes the Sun said...

Very cute!

Just Jaime said...

Pretty! Great idea!

annies home said...

very pretty love the colors you used perfect for summer time

Unknown said...

My baby girl's 1st birthday party is at the end of this month! I will for sure be copying this idea! Thanks for sharing!

Karima said...

Hi from your newest follower, now facebook and google following, please pop by, karima from
www.karimascrafts.com
and
www.karimasblogs.blogspot.com

Saw you on blue cricket design!

Cassie said...

Very cute idea! Thanks for sharing!

Delightful Deets said...

So so cute! Love the colors! Have a great weekend!

Leslie {Goodbye, house. Hello, home!} said...

So whimsical and fun!
Thank you for sharing these!
i {heart} them!

Rebecca said...

Such fun party decor! Might have to make these for my little one's nursery! Thanks for the inspiration!

The Single Nester said...

What a simple let fun decoration.