Aug 21, 2012

Favorite Cleaning Pins

As I mentioned before, I have been in a cleaning/organizing mood and my Spring cleaning has just begun a little late this year.  I can't believe how many awesome cleaning tips there are on Pinterest, and I just have to share my favorites with you.

#1: Using Fabric Softener Sheets to Clean Baseboards


#2: Solving Toothbrush Problems:

Keeping toothbrushes in silverware trays


Cleaning the toothbrush holder with Alkaseltzer then keeping a paper towel at the bottom and switching it out every so often.

#3: Use a towel soaked in fabric softener as a dryer sheet

Don't use this for loads of laundry that can possibly have static issues- it isn't the best static preventer.

Also, to get the whitest whites:  add bleach and baking soda to your loads and let them sit overnight.

#4: Homemade Oxiclean

This stuff works awesome!  I let it sit on some stains overnight and it really got them out!

#5: Mattress Cleaner


The last and FAVORITE one I have tried:

#6: Tub and Shower Cleaner (and clean your microwave while you are at it)

This stuff is awesome.  I use it all over the bathroom and the kitchen!!!  I used Palmolive rather than Dawn and it works just as good!

So go get cleaning!
Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This

4 comments:

Sharon @ Elizabeth & Co. said...

Thanks for the tips! Always looking for ways to make cleaning easier. ... And I clicked on the first link about the dryer sheets and read the comments. All I can say is holy cow, who knew people had such strong opinions on dryer sheets!

Nancy said...

I first read your heading as 'my favorite cleaning pants' and thought, that's different...thanks for the list, I'll have to try some of these especially knowing that they've been tested out and should work

Jess said...

Interesting, I didn't see all the opinions on dryer sheets...now I'm going to have to go see what all the fuss is about!

Jess said...

Haha that's too funny! Maybe I should do a post on my favorite cleaning pants :)