Feb 26, 2013

To Vest or not to Vest?

So, the other day I decided I wanted to make something out of this fabric from Wholeport...



So I looked through my Pinterest boards and found this tutorial.


I loved that all it required me to do was make a couple cuts in my fabric!

So I did it, and came up with this:


And I thought...I'm never going to wear this...

So I made some socks out of it instead :)

Moral of the story:  always have a back-up plan, and make sure you have the right fabric for the right project.  It made some GREAT SOCKS though!  And, would have made some even greater scarves!

Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This

4 comments:

Adrian said...

hahaha! Nice! I have done that before too. Love the new look on your blog! I have not checked it out until now.

Brian's mom said...

Hahaha! Where is the picture of the socks???

henning love said...

oh my gosh that print is amazing and i love that vest!! glad to have found your blog!

Natalie Smith said...

Love your blog make over too. I didn't think the vest was all that bad....but I would love the sock reveal!