So just for the last month I've been trying a little harder to get off the baby weight- I want it off faster since my summer clothes are too tight and I don't want to buy new ones! So, I just have to share some of my favorite new tricks!
1. Breakfast Protein Smoothies!
Every morning (and sometimes for lunch) I make this delicious smoothie that only took me a year to figure out :)
1/2-1 scoop protein powder (I use Body Fortress Chocolate I found at Walmart)
1 cup milk (any kind)
1/2 cup water
1 tsp. peanut butter (you can omit this if your milk isn't too foamy)
2-3 cups fresh spinach/power greens
Handful of ice
It gets me going, is easy, fast, keeps me full longer, and I'm not consuming a ton of sugar to start out the day (breakfast has always been one of the hardest meals for me to do healthy)
2. Don't diet!...and by dieting I mean I don't ban any foods from my diet- otherwise I'll just crave those foods and eat a lot more calories to try to make up for the craving. I basically eat as healthy as I can and count calories (using the next step) and try not to eat meals with sugary foods. I save my sugars for the little bit of dessert I allow myself each week. (Which is a couple pieces of dark chocolate a day and one bigger dessert a week)
3. My Fitness Pal app! I use this to count calories to see what foods I normally eat have what calories. Even though I consider myself pretty calorie-aware I was surprised about what foods have less calories and which have more than I thought when I started using this app. Make sure you use the BARCODE SCANNER when using this app- makes life so easy!
4. Seven app! I just barely started using this app so I don't know how big of a difference it will make- I'll keep you posted- but I LOVE that I can do it at home and when Jensen is awake and wanting attention (all the exercises are simple and I can do them next to the baby) It only takes 7 minutes of my time and if the boys are allowing me to, I can do it over and over to get more of a workout in. Circuit training is pretty awesome and so is this app.
5. Sleep! I am finally getting a little more sleep at night and I still try to take a nap anytime I can get both boys to sleep and it makes such a huge difference to my diet and exercise routine.
I hope some of these will help some of you out with your weight loss goals!!