Sep 4, 2015

Favorite Things of Summer

Well, Summer is winding down now that school is back in and Fall is just around the corner.  We have had a really great Summer and I have to share a few "things" that really made it that much more enjoyable for us...

1. Swim Lessons: We kicked off the summer with swim lessons and it really got the summer off to a good start.  Allie swam while me and the boys watched.  I got to work on my tan and we got to get out of the house a few days more that we would have.  



Something that really helps during swim lessons AND now that school has started in the mornings is this new Kandoo Hair Detangler.  Allie has the MOST sensitive head ever, and before we were using these products, but I think this detangler works a little better.



2. "Reprogram Your Life: Bioscience for a Healthier You" by Steven Willey.  I read this book on our trip in May to Jackson Hole and Yellowstone and I have never read a "diet book" that makes more sense!  I had about 10 lbs to lose this summer and with using the methods in this book it came off within the first 2 months easy!  I highly recommend this book to all my friends and family- it really focuses on the way our bodies work and how to feed and treat our bodies to function and feel their best!  It also has a few really great tricks to help you lose weight easily, healthily, and fast.



3. Taylor Swift 1989.  My kids love T Swift and to kick off the summer I surprised them with her CD (I haven't bought a CD in like 10 years haha!)  Anyway, this was pretty much the theme music of our summer adventures (me and the kids at least)


4. Faux Birkenstocks:  These shoes are ugly and cute to me at the same time...not sure how that works...I also LOVE that they are good for my feet.  I shot a wedding last Saturday and was on my feet ALL day wearing these sandals and that night I couldn't believe that my feet didn't hurt one bit!  I bought 3 pairs because I got crazy good deals on them.  White ones are from Target and the other two are from BonTon (link under pic)  I don't have feet issues at all, so if you do you might want to opt for the real deal.

(snake and black ones here)


I hope you all had a wonderful summer and that this coming Fall is just as fun!  I can't wait to break out my boots and sweaters! :)  A post on my favorite Fall fashion will be coming soon...
Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This

No comments: