Nov 30, 2015

5 Inexpensive Ways to Redecorate

Some of you may have seen my Instagram pic a few months ago about my room redo.  If you didn't, as you can see I didn't make many changes but it sure felt good to rearrange and make things feel new again!



I decided to share a few of the things that I like to do when I am sick of my home decor and need a change.


1. Rearrange:

As I just shared, I didn't change a lot.  I basically just changed the bedspread, picture, and a couple pillows.  What makes an even bigger difference is rearranging furniture.  I don't like to keep a lot in storage, so I just hold onto the things I love and switch them around every once in a while.  Below you can see the BEFORE of my Master bedroom.



2.  Look to Pinterest

Take a look at your Pinterest boards and find out what you love then try to copy it with what you have.  This is especially helpful for bedding, wall decor, and accessories.  Also try to find out what you don't like in your house or what is bothering you.



3. Change color combos, or add pops of color to existing ones.

Usually you already have a color scheme that keeps the wall color, textiles, and flooring in sync.  However, sometimes you can move things around or add some new colors to create interest in a space.  One of my favorite ways to do this is with artwork and pillows/bedding.




4. Paint

This is one of the more time-consuming and expensive ways to change your space, but can also pack the most punch.  For dark, small spaces I say put some whites in the room (walls, cabinets, other furniture) But, I am also pretty obsessed with white so that's just me ;)



5. Accessories

As I mentioned in changing or adding color, accessories are a great way to do that, but to also add texture, pattern, and style.  Hit consignment stores, Walmart, Ross, or Target for the least expensive options.  Just watch your budget because lots of little things can add up pretty fast ;)







Share this Post Share to Facebook Share to Twitter Email This Pin This

No comments: